Education & Research
Introduction of the Education Department
The Education Department of Beijing Tiantan hospital, Capital Medical University was founded in 1956. In 1978, Beijing Tiantan hospital became the affiliated hospital of Capital Medical University and undertook the task of teaching, and formally incorporated into the teaching system of Capital Medical University. In 2001, we become the fifth Clinical Medical School of Capital Medical University.
The Education Department is the organization and management institution, service agency and research institution of the hospital. After many years of accumulation and transformation, the Education Department has now fully integrated the hospital-wide teaching resources, unified management, and improved the teaching quality and management efficiency.
The Education Department has 14 employees, 21 teaching and research offices, and about 400 teachers. The proportion of young teachers is 28%. The proportion of teachers with master degrees is 33%.And the proportion of teachers with senior titles is 70%.The Education Department is mainly responsible for education of undergraduate medical students, nursing students, post-graduate students, residency training and continuing education. Each year, about more than 220 undergraduates, 40 nursing students and 300 graduate students at Capital Medical University are studying at our hospital.More than 260 fellows, 130 residents and 70 specialists are trained at our hospital. We hosted19 national various continuing education and training courses, 7 municipal courses, 14 district-level and 19 academy-level courses. In our hospital, there are 9 doctor’s training stations and 20master’s training stations; 40 doctoral supervisors and 93master supervisors; 11 resident standardization training bases, and 4 specialist training bases.
The hospital has increased investment in teaching year by year. The net area of our teaching building is more than 5800 square meters, and the teaching building of the new hospital occupies 15000 square meters, with various of advanced equipment and facilities, advanced multi-functional classrooms and clinical skills training centers. The net area of the existing library is 400 square meters, which has a rich collection, with more than 20,000 volumes of paper books and 20electronic data bases. The library of the new hospital covers more than 1,000 square meters, providing the hospital staffs and students a good teaching and learning condition.
As the Fifth Clinical Medical School of Capital Medical University, relying on the university’s educational resources, after years of efforts, the educational administration in our hospital has made remarkable achievements. The hospital was certified by the clinical evaluation of the Ministry of Education with excellent results in 2014.
1. Medical education of undergraduate students
1) Strengthening the daily operation and management of teaching, standardizing operation and management of daily teaching, various aspects of clinical practice, and a variety of examinations.
2) Strengthening the teaching staff, selection of teaching and teachers teaching, clinical teacher training, and improving the department construction.
3) Promoting "the fourth round of educational reform" relevant teaching event of Capital Medical University.
4) Construction of two new specialties: medical laboratory and clinical pharmacy.
5) Guarantee teaching and student safety.
6) International students education: Since 2013, our hospital began to assume Capital Medical University six-year clinical medicine with 10 clinical courses and recess practice teaching each year, and assume 56 weeks of teaching practice. A total of 22 students were qualified and graduated on time in our hospital.
2. Graduate Management
1) Enrollment: Develop the college enrollment plan, Graduate Admissions preliminary examination, re-examination and admission.
2) Training: development of specific provisions reasonable and feasible Postgraduate Education and Management or the Regulations, and shall be implemented; postgraduate training program development and implementation; the implementation of postgraduate teaching task; completed postgraduate thesis work of all sectors; Clinical Training graduates degree.
3) Degree: Graduate degree defense and apply; Construction of Tutors; postgraduate training point construction; equivalent degree personnel training work.
4) Student Work: Graduate of moral thought, graduation and employment.
3. Resident management
1) By the self-examination, supervision and rectification and other means to meet the residency standardized training base for dynamic review.
2) Improving our hospital physicians standardized training system.
3)Improving resident standardization training and examination system, and improving the residency graduation examination pass rate.
4) Resident Enrollment.
5) Standardized residency training and improve the quality of supervision.
6) Community Inspection backbone and counties backbone training.
4. Continuing Education Management
1) Review of the physician recruitment training regulations, and improve the management system of the hospital physician education.
2) Management of the admittance of training physicians, pre-job training, attendance, supervision training.
3) Organizing the training physicians to evaluate the training and training management.